18 August 2010

Summer lovin'

At Design Dollies this week, the Elements Challenge is all about 'Catching the Wave'.  Even though it's still winter in Australia, I have no shortage of summer photographs to scrap!  Here's my layout:





I was inspired by a pattern called "Pompeii Wave" that I found stencilease.com This site has all sorts of stencils, in a range of categories, and an easy search function too.

I used some more yummy papers and elements from Cosmo Cricket 'DeLovely' - I can't get enough of these lately.

I'm also entering my layout at:
# Practical Scrappers ~ August Bonus Challenge ~ Water

8 comments :

  1. im sick of the bloody cold here in oz!! LOL this page really brightened my day karen :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with kate - it's been a long winter - can't wait to get warm again.

    love the waves and the wonderful stitching, yum. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Norway it's the end of the summer, and I can relate to those great looking waves there...Beautiful...
    :-) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your waves are very interesting !
    Céline (France)
    Thank you for your visit !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout!! I see you have my candy posted on your blog...thanks! Do you follow me under a different name? I can't find you?

    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw this the other day on the dollies site but unfortunately didn't have time to comment specifically; all i can say is ♥♥♥WOW♥♥♥!!!!!!!!! amazing! awesome! i ♥LOVE♥ it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, Karen, I love this layout! The colors are amazing and that sun is awesome! Thanks for the link to stencilease, I'm going to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layout...especially how you did the waves. I may have to scraplift it!! lol Stacy H-W

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)