24 August 2010

Feeling blue...

Well not exactly, but I've been scrapping blue a bit lately!

First up, for this week's Design Dollies Colour Challenge (using the colour combo of mint green, navy blue, and ivory) I added another page to my cocktail recipe mini-album:


Click to enlarge

(Thanks Melissa for the papers - I have no idea what these ones are, but the colours were just perfect and there was just enough to cover the chipboard.)

I'm entering this one at:
# My Partner in Crafting Crime ~ Challenge 9 ~ Food & drink
# Really Reasonable Ribbon ~ Challenge #6 ~ Aloha
I used navy blue trim
# Fab'n'Funky ~ Challenge #36 ~ Flower Power
I used bling flowers, and I fussy-cut a flower from the patterned paper.


The next layout was completed for the Scrap Boutique cybercrop challenge on the weekend. Lauren set a fun 'Choose your own scrappy adventure' quiz challenge. My criteria were: Use a cardstock base, two different patterned papers (Kaisercraft and Basic Grey), a mixed alpha title, flowers, and five buttons. The result is an 8x8 layout for our family daytrip album - yet another Duyfken layout:





This was also the first time I've made the little concertina flowers - I think I need to practise a bit more, and maybe next time use a thinner paper, but I'm still reasonably pleased with my first attempt.

9 comments :

  1. Your cocktail recipe album is such a great idea! I love it!! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you rocked the flowers, these guys from my perception are really difficult to get in a circle and you rocked it, wow using a lot of blue's lately, you may be craving for a visit from Nate again. lol. I love the gorgeous papers, they the top one was given to me also so I am not sure what brand, Daisy D's comes to mind though, I love the idea of your coctail recipe book, what a great idea. Love the doodling on the 2nd layout and is this liquid paper or white pen in the edge of the layout, I love it. Melxx ps. Hope you are all well, say hi to Jazi for Nate and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the blues make me really crave summer!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab projects my daughter would love a cocktail mini album thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Thank for playing with us at RRR!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love seeing this drinks album expanding!! Such a great idea and most of the drinks you post bring back funny memories... thanks so much for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layouts!

    Thank you for stopping by my bloggy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Kinda thirsty now! LOL!!! Great idea, love both layouts. Thanks for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime.

    Jenny T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, makes me want to have one of those drinks, it looks so good! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)