09 August 2010

A happy scrapper

After more than a week of 'merely sporadic' scrapping, I've finally been able to snatch back some fun time and get tactile and creative.

On Friday, I received some happy mail from Deb Clark:



Thanks Deb for your lovely RAK!!  I've used some of the lace already, and you'll be seeing that layout really soon :)


This is a layout I scrapped on the weekend:


Click to enlarge

Cosmo Cricket 'DeLovely' is one of my newest favourite paper collections. I just love the bright, happy colours, and the patterns make me smile, so it was an easy choice for my DT focus this month at Scrap Pile.

The layout is based on a Liz Qualman sketch at A2Z Scraplets; I rotated it 90 degrees to the right to suit my photograph, but apart from that I think I remained true to the sketch:

I also used A2Z Scraplets on the layout - the scallops are from the Border Strip 05 set, which I painted and Kindy-Glitz'd.

Here's a little detail shot - I loved doing all the fussy-cutting (therapeutic, much?) and I also added some seed beads because the packet was sitting on the edge of my desk from the last time I used them, and a little extra sparkle never goes astray...




Today I met up with the gorgeous Melissa, who I first met online at Design Dollies.  Amongst the coffee and cheesecake and chatting, we actually squeezed in some scrapping too!  This is one of the layouts I finished today:


Click to enlarge

This one is for the August Stash Stomper at Scrap Boutique.  This month we were asked to 'stomp' our photograph stash and include four photographs, based on Manon's sketch.  It's been a while since I scrapped with my old favourite colour combo of blue and brown, and it was fun to 'stomp' some of my older stash too - MME Wild Asparagus, Doodlebug and MAMBI papers, some old WRMK rubons and a few mismatched AC Thickers too. I love using up old stuff!

2 comments :

  1. Liz I had an awesome time today and hope we can do it on a regualar basis, and I love the gorgeous layout you made, you are just awesome to watch in action.

    The layout you did with those gorgeous DeLovely papers is just simply stunning, I love how you used the strip as a title, love the stitching in the distressed circles and enjoy the therapeutic result of fussy cutting too. Been doing it tonight too.

    Please say hi to dear J for me, she makes me clucky for a girl, maybe a photo swap so I could do a girly layout for a change??? Love to you all. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, just absolutely gorgeous, both of these! and that's some yummy candy, too!

    SO SO excited that you and Melissa got to hang out! that would be so wonderful, and we should have one big party in the Dollhouse! :D would be fantastic to meet all of you! xo

    watch the mail, btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)