31 August 2010

Back to school

When I heard that this week's Design Dollies Elements Challenge is all about 'School Days' - I was so happy because I've got a zillion photographs of J-girl's school events to scrap, and I find them quite tricky to do. Any excuse to get some more scrapped and join the "Good Mummy Club". Ha ha...

But then I realised that Adina added the two little words, "your own" to the criteria... and I panicked! No way am I scrapping photos from my own school days... that's WAY too embarrassing!! Hmmmm... then I thought about it a bit more and decided to dig out some photos of my exchange student days in Japan. After all, it IS supposed to be a challenge. I've got a couple of dodgy magnetic albums that need to pulled apart and scrapped properly, so I decided to try 8.5 x 11 on for size. That, alone, is a challenge for me!



The journalling reads:



The photograph was taken at Kurobe Dam, 27th July 1988.

I'm entering my layout at:
# Simon Says (on PCP) ~ Challenge #8 ~ Back to School
# Stamp Something ~ Back to School somethings
I used: Lil Davis journalling stamps


While I was in a 'school days' mood, I did actually grab a few photos from 2006 and scrap them for J's album. This one is based on the August sketch over at Challenge Heaven:


Click to enlarge 

2 comments :

  1. You rocked the 8.5 x 11 inch layout, looks great, those papers are just perfect for this. and how cute is J in her cute school uniform 4 years ago. great work Karen and yes have to do another day soon. Love Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely lo's!! That group pic is fabulous, guess you're the blond one? ;-) Very nice!! Love the flowers and the paper with the second one as well! Pretty!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)