12 February 2014

Some sketch layouts

This layout is based on the sketch at Scrap 365:



The photographs on this layout were taken in poor light, in a crowd of people - they turned out quite blurry and I deleted most from my camera.  These two were the only ones I kept, because I really wanted to scrap the memory of our visit to the fairground.  I need to keep reminding myself that photographs don't have to be perfect.

The mini doilies were an experiment in hand dying, and actually turned out a lot darker than I expected.  The ribbons were just little offcuts I found in a ziplock in my crop bag!  I love finding a use for tiny scraps.

Other materials:
Kaisercraft Flutterby - Painted Lady patterned paper
Basic Grey Sultry - Fandango patterned paper
Arctic Frog Alphabet Avenue - Garden Alphabet stickers (used the negatives)
Derivan Kindy Glitz - Crystalina

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This is my layout (more pink!) based on the first February Stuck?! sketch:



I'm also submitting my layout at Scrapbook Fantasies for weekly challenge #05/2014: "Create a layout with a lost or found theme".


Materials:
Pink Paislee Pop Fashion patterned papers
Basic Grey Sultry - Fandango patterned paper
EK Success Double Moroccan Lace edge punch
Martha Stewart Floral Lace punch
Close to My Heart ink - black
Kaisercraft Rhinestones - Hot Pink
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphabet stickers
Glitz Design Pink Alpha cardstock stickers
Queen & Co Felt Fusion motif

7 comments :

  1. Gorgeous pages, love the circle element on your take on the Stuck?! sketch, so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both LO's are looking good :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap365 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful work! thanks for sharing it with us at Scrap365 :)
    hugs xxx
    SandraP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all your pink! It really makes your photo pop. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very striking colour... thanks for playing along at STUCK this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the sketch! I love the circle element and the photo is just perfect.
    Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE the subject of your page and it´s super pretty :) thank you for joining us at stuck?! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)