22 February 2014

Self-confessed craft hoarder alert

I have found some more kindred spirits in blogland... Craft Hoarders Anonymous!  I love this new challenge blog - it is totally congruous with my scrapping - use your stash!  Challenge #2 is called Let's See that Hoard and it's based on this colour palette:


I have a huge hoard of just about everything, but I thought I would 'fess up and declare my Basic Grey patterned paper stash. I have been a huge fan of Basic Grey since I first started scrapping, starting with Phresh & Phunky, and all of the other Aged & Confused collections, circa 2006.

I still have pieces in my stash.  Not just scraps.  Whole, uncut 12x12 papers. Admittedly, not many fit within this colour palette, but still - I haven't used them in years.  I love them, but actually using them would show how dated my stash is... Until today.

I didn't set out to make a double layout; it just kind of evolved that way. It actually turned out very different to my original plan, but I'm happy with it!  Everything on the layout is from my "very very old" stash - papers, journalling page, diecuts, flowers...  everything except the photographs, which I took this month.

Click to see it better:



I used some of the smaller paper scraps to make some hearts:



I'm submitting this layout at Scrap It Girl for their February HEARTS challenge.

Brenda is celebrating her 5 year blogoversary, and wants to see my all-time favourite crafting item for her blog candy challenge... I don't have much in the way of tools or stamps but BASIC GREY patterned paper would still have to be my favourite item to scrap with. And I guess, my Janome sewing machine.  I add stitching to just about everything, couldn't live without it.

Materials:
Basic Grey Marrakech - Blue Nights patterned paper
Basic Grey Two Scoops - Spumoni patterned paper
Little Yellow Bicycle Traveler cardstock stickers
Bella! denim alphabet stickers
Martha Stewart Garden Trellis deep edge punch
Making Memories Poolside journalling page
Green Tara 4cm petals - midnight blue
Prima E Line - Chelsea flower
Prima paper flowers
Daisy D's die cuts

19 comments :

  1. Love the tones of blue and the layers…beautiful two-pager!!! Thanks for joining in on the fun here at Craft Hoarders and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blues on your page. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful layout! I love all the great layers am blown away by all your attention to detail! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty layout! Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is certainly something to crow about (and the hen in the pic would certainly agree!) Beautiful page using your vintage hoard. . .love detail all the way down to the buttons and the stitching!! Lovely work! Thanks for sharing your stash with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a wonderful and exclusive club we all belong to isn't it Karen !

    You have created a lovely layout and in such beautiful colours. For some strange reason blue is on I don't use too often but do enjoy seeing people creations using it.

    Thanks so much for joining in my blog celebration with your beautiful creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layout,love all the hues of blue and how well each piece works together, don't you love it when your initial project evolves into a masterpiece. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you found us! I actually chuckled as I read your very entertaining post about having whole uncut pieces of paper in your stash. Me, too. Only mine is Graphic 45 and Webster's pages. But this challenge blog will help us to use up our hoard! LOL I really like your blue layout...and a double page to boot! The little hearts, the flowers, the border pieces...really make this a fun layout. And, I love the chickens, too! Thanks for playing along in Craft Hoarder's Anonymous Challenge #2: Let's See that Hoard! Hope you'll continue to play along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your layout! I esp. love that you are getting into the spirit of the challenges! I also have a HUGE stash of uncut Basic Grey. Along with lots of other papers.... Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout and such sweet pictures! I love the border pieces. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout!!!...loveeeeee all the "blues"....thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl February Hearts challenge!....ps I too, am...a....hoarder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful and cute LO. Love all the details. WTG!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at
    Scrap It Girl.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Basic Grey has always been one of my favorites..you rocked this monochromatic...thanks for taking the February Scrap it Girl Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous project. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colors! Thank you for playing along at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your layout, thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet layout! You are rockin the blue theme. Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. Hope you can come back to play again soon! Ginny from Polly's Paper Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing wrong in hoarding pretty paper! :) Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful layout! I am a hoarder too-I will have to go check out that site! You did a beautiful job with the blues! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)