18 September 2010

A touch of history

Another layout share...

Over at My Scrapbook Nook, the History 101 assignment was to create a vintage layout, using at least seven of the twelve listed 'vintage elements'. I managed to include eleven:


Click to enlarge

1. Colours - soft background, dark papers
2. Lots of inking
3. Distressed edges
4. Torn, crumpled papers
5. Sewing
6. Metal - staples and photo corner
7. Old book page
8. Corrugated cardboard
9. Lace
10. I'm out of doileys :(
11. B/W photograph
12. Tag - I used a quote card


For a 'real' piece of history, my layout for the Math 101 assignment featured the 'Beautiful Betsy' site in Kroombit Tops National Park:


Click to enlarge

The layout is based on a sketch and incorporates a 'formula' of required elements. I've been wanting to scrap these photos for a while and never really knew the best way to showcase them. Prior to visiting the crash site, I had thought that it might be a sad, tragic place. In reality, it had an overwhelmingly peaceful atmosphere, preserved in a very sensitive and educational way.

0 messages :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)