28 September 2010

Biology and Botany and Butterflies

Another class layout share...

This was my layout for the Biology 101 class over at My Scrapbook Nook:



This challenge was all about paper piecing. I used a free clipart butterfly image as my template, and used up more of my little scraps. The contents of my blue and green scraps folders have dwindled beautifully over the past week!



I love how my butterflies turned out but I think the layout is a little plain ~ I still might revamp it and add... something?


For the Botany 101 class, the challenge was to use at least two different kinds of flowers, in at least three different colours.  I kept it simple, but I still used five kinds of flowers (hand-crochet'd, handmade rolled roses, fussy-cut paper motifs, rub-ons, and a floral pin) and five colours (black, white, yellow, orange, teal):


Click to enlarge

This one is my favourite of all the Nook U challenges so far.

3 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh... these butterflies are absolutely stunning. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Karen, very very pretty card! Love the colors!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie, you are the TALENT! What beautiful lay outs. Now I'm aching to work on my scrapbooks but I still don't have enough space in my room...LOL!

    The program I found is called JING. There is another called Snag-it but once the free trial expires it costs a lot more. Jing, when purchased is under $20 but you get it free for quite a while.

    Thanks for being part of my give away. Best of luck to you.

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)