17 June 2008

Weekend scrapping

Sunday cropping with the CISters was fun... fantastic to catch up with Liz, Jolene, and Gail again. It is so good for the soul, spending time with friends, creating, chatting, coffee-ing, and just chilling. I even managed to get some layouts finished, which is always a bonus.

The first one was based on a sketch by the gorgeous Kerry Murray, and I really enjoyed playing with Dream Street papers:



The second one was for a challenge to use triangles on a layout. I always have trouble scrapping 'group photos' so I tried to make it a little bit fun and a little bit freestyle:



The next one was for a Scrap Lounge cyber crop challenge to use some hand drawing and freestyle elements. Hmmm, not sure if I'm very happy with it, but Little Miss really likes it and I guess that's the main thing:

4 comments :

  1. Karen they all look fab your handwriting is fab.Take care Kery xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there is tranqulity to be found in purple!!!!! I love it!! Look at your journalling & it all blends beautifully, the white script on teh paper, just the main 2 colours of purple & white is gorgeous. I love the footy team layout, it is so much fun & so relaxed, the colours are gorgeous. I love love love the blue & yellow ones, the muted tones give such a peaceful feel even though the photo is so intense with all the colours of Jaz'a project. She's so beautiful, have I told you that, lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen it was wonderful and fun to share the CIS CC and the CISters Crop Day with you.

    Can't get much better than scrapping, chatting, drinking coffee, eating yummy goodies with such lovely friends!

    Just love how your layouts turned out - WTG with the freestyle look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)