13 May 2007

'Low Cost' cyber cropping

The May cyber crop at Crafting in Style was based on the theme of 'low cost' scrapping - Jolene set some interesting challenges based on stamping, hand cut titles, hand made embellishments,
using up odd chipboard alphas, and coming in under a set budget!

Here are some of my favourite layouts from the weekend:

Challenge 1 criteria: Only one cardstock or patterned paper, hand cut title, handmade embellishment.



Challenge 2 criteria: Stamped title, materials to cost under $7.
I really love the simplicity of this one, and it actually totals under $3!!



Challenge 3 criteria: A layout based on this sketch, using at least three different alphabets in the title.

I did two layouts for this challenge. I'm not sure about the first one; I think maybe I overdid it and it's a bit too busy. I do love the photographs though, and Miss Princess likes it so I should be happy with that. I used lyrics from Backstreet Boys' "What Makes You Different, Makes You Beautiful" - very inspirational, and I think I'll revisit the lyrics for another layout soon.



I like my second one better, although I did have issues with the Kindyglitz!! It's not as "pretty" as the first one but I feel much more comfortable with the linear style:

1 comment :

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)