03 August 2014

It's a heatwave?

It's time again for my DT reveal for Lasting Memories.  This week the theme is "It's a Heatwave" (may I just say, I am suffering through the Australian winter; it's definitely NOT a heatwave here!) The challenge is to use sunshine colours inspired by this picture:


I love using bright, warm colours, and I had fun putting my layout together.  This is it:



And a detail shot of my favourite new products:



I'm entering my layout at Craft Hoarders Anonymous for the embossing challenge.  I dry-embossed some cardstock offcuts to make the pennant strip behind the photograph. (It's actually two pieces - top and bottom ~ I didn't have quite enough to make a single strip.)  I love how a little embossing can add new life to old stash!

I have been very diligent in using my old stash but I recently succumbed to temptation and bought some new handmade flowers from a talented Australian crafter, and some bling from Flourish with a Bling during their sale. 

Materials:
Pink Paislee 365º Degrees - Daydream patterned paper
Basic Grey Sublime - Cinnamon patterned paper
Worldwin Colormates - Orange cardstock
Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy embossing folder
K&Company Mira - Chocolate Rose patterned paper
Carolee's Creations AdornIt -Tiny Whoopsy Red alphabet stickers
FWAB Kate's Corner - Silver rhinestone flourish
Jenni-Anne's Jewels handmade flower
Scenic Route Sonoma diecut journalling card
Collections Elements Window Tags chipboard shape
Kaisercolour Mango acrylic paint
Colorbox Catseye - Warm Red fluid chalk
Fiskars Threading H2O border punch

9 comments :

  1. What a sweet and beautiful layout! So glad you joined us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. ~Diane GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Just such a gorgeous LO! It sure shows up the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout. Great use of those wonderful warm colors and your embossing! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just great! Love the sizzling summer colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these colors! So HOT! ;) I also love that embossing or inking or painting gives old stash a new look! I am needing to be on a tight craft budget for a while, which is a new thing for me....and I am going to have to live out of my hoard...so it's nice to see how others are doing it, too! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colors! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute Karen - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout.. The summer colours make this work perfectly..
    Toni.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)