01 July 2014

Perfect Day

In May,  I played along at Country View Challenges for the first time, and I was thrilled to be offered a Guest Designer spot for July.


This month the theme is Stencil It.  I am very new to the world of mixed media, and it is only recently that I have started using stencils on my layouts.

For this layout, I used a 6x6 stencil to apply texture paste to my base cardstock.  It took quite a while, because I had to wait till the first application dried before I could reapply the stencil to the next part of the layout, because of the wide overlapping edges.

When it was dry, I painted over the top with Twinkling H2O's water colour - which was really fun!  Not only did I get an unexpected resist effect, but it is also very shiny!  Unfortunately the photographs don't do it justice.

I used a sketch from Chic Tags to create my layout, and this is what I created:



And here is a little detail shot of the stenciled texture:



I'm also submitting my layout at:
* Scrap Challenge Yourself - Oh boy!



Materials:
Scrap FX Whirlpools 6x6 stencil
LuminArte Twinkling H2O - Garnet watercolour paint
Kaisercraft Pink Damask printed tape
Portacraft paper flowers
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphabet stickers
Bo Bunny Passion Fruit Dot cardstock
Chic Tags Vintage Note Stamps journal tags



7 comments :

  1. WOW! What a stunning background! Your layout is beautiful, and I love the way you scrapped this photo! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH! Such a yummy background! Love the circles! Very creative layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bold beautiful layout - love that swirling stencilling. Great to have you along as a guest with us at CVC!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm that background makes me feel like cake. love the stitch. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful layout Karen! Great job with the background - the swirls are delightful. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful page with us at Challenge Yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great background! Love the colors too. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asolutely gorgeous! A very creative way to use stencils - great to see them being used for scrapping. Thanks for supporting us Karen and guesting with us this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)