30 January 2014

My first card for 2014

I still don't consider myself a "cardmaker" but I do enjoy the results sometimes!  Mostly I make cards as a productive way of using up the scraps on my desk, and it's always nice to have some cards on hand for special occasions or 'just in case'.

I made this one for the January card sketch at Scrapbook Fantasies.  I really like the simplicity of the design (= aligns with my cardmaking ability).  I've discovered a way to use the miscellaneous leftovers from the sheets of journal cards that seem to accompany many patterned paper collections!  (I'm a bit slow on the uptake - I've finally realised I'll never use them all on my scrap pages.)



Materials:
K&Company Carolyn Gavin - Greenhouse patterned paper
Echo Park Life is Good - Journal patterned paper
Green Tara 1cm roses - orange

I received the ribbon in a RAK gift - does anyone know where it is from?  It's 1" wide grosgrain.

07/03/2014 edit to add:   My card was the winner in the challenge at Scrapbook Fantasies!

0 messages :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)