20 January 2014

Live Simply

I really enjoyed the 123 Challenge for January:



Colour:  I love orange!  The hardest part was choosing which orange products to use from my stash.
Technique: I used a butterfly embellishment made from feathers.
Word:  I used the word "live" in my title:





The beautiful Kraft diecut cardstock was a gift in a RAK package a few years ago.  I don't recognise the pattern but my guess is it's been made with a Silhouette, maybe (??) but I really don't know. I'd love to find out!

I didn't add journalling to this layout because it will be part of a series about our new ducklings and will be in the same album.  I've written the date on the back with the duckling's name (Topple - November 2013).

Materials:
Bazzill cardstock
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphabet stickers
Kaisercraft Rhinestones - deep yellow

4 comments :

  1. Such a sweet photo and beautifully scrapped Karen. I too wouldn't mind knowing where that gorgeous cut out kraft paper came from!! Love the butterfly! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with next month's challenge criteria over at 123!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Karen, I love how the cut-out paper overlay blends with the photo, it feels like you're looking right into the picture, and the little gems are such a pretty touch. Love the photo too, we used to keep ducks and it brings back lots of memories :o) Thanks for joining us at 1-2-3 this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI..This looks gorgeous! That die cut paper is so eye catching and the photo is adorable.. Thanks so much for joining in at 123 Challenge blog this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout! Brilliant use of the feather...thanks for joining us over @ 123 last month :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)