22 May 2010

Slowly

I'm slowly gaining momentum and getting my craft mojo back!  I made a card today.

Em at Scrap Boutique challenged us to make a card with a 'text window' during the cyber crop, and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try making a tent card. I've been seeing them everywhere but haven't taken the time to try one until now.



# Design Dollies ~ Colour challenge ~ blue, green, brown, ivory
I couldn't resist using one of my last scraps of Basic Grey 'Origin' for this one. I've got one small piece left! I added some flowers and thread for the blue; hopefully the colour balance is okay.
# Simon Says ~ Tent card with charms
I didn't quite follow the tutorial because I changed the size and I made the base from all one piece of cardstock instead of three separate pieces.  The owl stamp is from the 'Olivia and Friends' set by Sassafras Lass.
# Prairy Fairy ~ Week 20 ~ Tent card

I also used:
Bazzill cardstock, Stazon ink 'Timber'; Spellbinders Nestabilities die; DMC embroidery thread; flowers from Prima, Green Tara, Petaloo; Kaisercraft pearls.  I have no idea where I got the charm from... it was hiding in a box of odd bits in the corner of my desk.

16 comments :

  1. Hi Karen, this is a gorgeous card, love that little owl and your colour combo is amazing. Thank you so much for joining in the fun at Fairy Fun Fridays.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tent card Karen..love your owl and the used DP!.....thanks for playing with FFF!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's nice to see another interpretation of an easle card. Off to the side with the string and brad looks great! & those flowers (& colors)- Wow! Thanks for joining in at FFF this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, love that yummy paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Karen wow love youre tent card creation. You did a great job with the owl....wow..Thanks for joining us at FFF.
    Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHH love the owl! So cute. Thanks for joining us at FFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card :-) I love this Owl image and the papers and flowers are just perfect :-)


    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous card!! Brilliant!! =)

    Thanks for joining in my candy and linking it, good luck!! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh Karen! This is super fabby!!! I love how the owl hangs! SWOON! Thanks for playin in the Dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very pretty! L really like the newspaper background.

    Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Karen, love the owl and the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card. I really like the colors and DP and LOVE the printed background inside the tent. Great take on this challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us this week at Fairy Fun Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! this is so gorgeous! love the papers and gorgeous flowers and the owl is so adorable! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors you used on this card Karen! The owl image is adorable also! Thanks for playing at FFF this week! XXX Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  15. i just frackin' LOVE this card, Karen! there are no words!

    the Dollies love it when you drop by!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww!.. This is gorgeous!!... I love it - the colours/papers and every detail! Thanks for playing along with us at FFF! Hugs, Hege

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)