27 April 2007

Photographs to share

I have signed up to participate in a nine month photography challenge at Crafting in Style. It's called "Stop the Moment from Running Away". Every month Jolene is setting three challenges, and we submit one photograph for each challenge. Then we create a layout each month using at least one of our submitted photographs.

In April the focus is on portrait composition. You'll have to visit the site for the lesson details.

Here are my entries:

Portrait Lesson 1 - Get in close! Nope, closer!


I just love how I captured the look of intensity on her face. I used my 28-105mm lens so I had to get in pretty close to get this. She was in a world of her own and didn't even notice me take the photograph.

Portrait Lesson 2 -
Get that person out of the centre of the photograph!


I love this one!! She is wearing that daggy, floppy hat that she loves, and I just love her amazing blue eyes! She really enjoyed this photo shoot, and I was so impressed that she just let me shoot off twenty or thirty shots in succession, without complaining!









Portrait Lesson 3 - Let's change angles!


This is my favourite photograph of the three. I was standing on some climbing equipment and she was hiding under a little bridge, so I leaned over to take this one. I was actually surprised that the lighting worked so well since it was starting to get quite late in the afternoon. There's that daggy hat again!! And the shirt is part of the costume from last year's end-of-year school concert. She loves the sequins and wears that shirt everywhere... Now, I just have to decide which of these three to scrap for the April layout. No worries, I've got three days left to do it, LOL.

2 comments :

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)