29 May 2011

Sketchiness...

I played with some delicious sketches this week, and this is one of the layouts I finished today:

I used the May sketch from Purple Pumpkin ~ which I flipped and rotated like this:



... to fit my layout like this:



Click to enlarge (I just noticed how fuzzy my pic looks - might have to re-photograph this in better light)

And of course, a little close-up of the gorgeous Purple Pumpkin goodies I used on the layout:



I chose the colour scheme for the Scrap Boutique May Stylist Challenge - using autumn colours of brown, cream, green and orange.  I used:  Papers from Kaisercraft 'Elegant' range, Cosmo Cricket 'Garden Variety', Scenic Route paper (fussy-cut leaves), Cosmo Cricket 'Tiny Type' alpha stickers, October Afternoon 'Fly a Kite' label sticker, ribbon from a RAK.

I really love mixing older papers with new embellishments!  I'm also entering this layout over at Paper Crafting Journey for the Anything Goes/Favourites challenge - featuring another favourite technique (fussy-cutting) and my new favourite embellishments (Purple Pumpkin).

6 comments :

  1. Oh wow, I love how you used the embellies, gorgeous work Karen, wowsers, that frog button looks amazing in that doily flower, the orange pop is stunning, what day are you going to the show, I would love to meet up with you and Jazi. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Remember Romans 8:28! I am sure that message was for you and take it to heart! God placed it on my heart to write what I did, so I know it was for those that read it this weekend. Hugs!
    Jen xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch and I love the fact you rotated it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely layout!!! Love those flowers and the cute frog!

    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is sooo STUNNING!!! Love your take on the sketch and of course of PP embellies! Totally fab! Thanks for playing along at PP :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous take on the sketch!! Love it!! Thanks so much for joining in at PP. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)