12 November 2010

Goodnight Scrub

Back in September I was renaming folders on my external hard drive and I found an entire folder of photographs from October 2007 (somehow mis-filed).  I've been enjoying the trip down memory lane as I scrap some of the places we visited on our impromptu family mini-break.

These ones are from our unplanned detour to explore Goodnight Scrub.


Click to enlarge


This was for the Geography 101 class assignment at My Scrapbook Nook.  The criteria was to create a layout focussing on a place (no people) and include journalling on the page.  My title is a line from the lyrics of 'Colours of the Wind' (Pocohontas, 1995)


The next one is for this week's Sketch Challenge at Design Dollies:


Click to enlarge


I'm also submitting this layout at:
# Challenge Up Your Life ~ Challenge #31 ~ Blue and green (papers from K&Co and Echo Park)
# The Crazy ChallengeChallenge #40 ~ Things with Wings (I used a Maya Road owl)

EDITED 30/11:
My layout was chosen in the Top 3 at Challenge Up Your Life!

5 comments :

  1. Wowee - the photos on that first LO are breathtaking! What a nice surprise to unearth after all this time.
    LOVE the trim you used on your DD sketch page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos and layouts! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the coolest name of a nat park - I've never heard of it before. Love these Lo's Karen, esp the hidden pine tarils, really appeals to me. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both wonderful layouts,thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your layouts are stunning!!! Love it!!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Challenge up your Life!

    Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)