30 October 2009

Halloween?

We don't celebrate Halloween here in Australia.  Well, not really.  Over the past few years stores and supermarkets have stocked all sorts of Halloween goodies during October, but I find it's all a bit of commercial overload.  More than anything it's just a theme for parties or events, but not something that's really 'observed'.   However... I think it's really interesting to blog-hop at this time of the year and see how "big" Halloween is elsewhere in the world, particularly in the US.  I've seen some amazing cards, layouts and decorations, and gleaned lots of  inspiration which I will file away for another time.

I had fun making a treat box this week:



# Design Dollies ~ Elements challenge ~ stripes
I used Rose Moka 'PiqueNique' patterned paper
# Create4Fun ~ Week 43 ~ frybox template
# Papertake Weekly ~ Spots 'n' Stripes

And even though I don't "do" Halloween, I LOVE the colour schemes with lots of green/black/orange/purple.



# The Cuttlebug Spot ~ Challenge #54 ~ 'Boo'
I used the Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder, Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey 'Eerie' patterned paper.

 
I want to say a HUGE thank you to Aud for your amazing blog-candy gift, which included the Basic Grey 'Eerie' 6x6 paper pad I used for this card.



You are so very generous and I'm looking forward to using more of your lovely goodies. Thank you :)

7 comments :

  1. Oh MY Karen!! You lucky duck!! Love what you've done with that treat box!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little fry box is wonderful - this would be a great little treat box for kids' birthday parties, or even showers. love it!

    thanks for playing with us again at Design Dollies, girlie! i love seeing your stuff!

    and yeah, that's quite a win - congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that box! what a great idea!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I'm soooo glad to see that the package found it's way to you!
    It sure took it's time!

    Love your spider card (but I hate spiders - the real ones!) *LOL*

    Enjoy your candy! =0)

    Big hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your spider, Karen! Looks like you got your Halloween candy a bit early! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky are you! Great blog candy you won! I love your spider card too!!! I have to admit - whenever I see your name I think to myself "why the heck did I link on here" LOL Thanks so much for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot this week! KarenB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)