22 August 2009

Cards are fun




# 2 Red Bananas ~ Banana Split Sunday ~ sketch
# Cupcake Craft Challenges ~ Something Sweet
# Stamp Something ~ Birthday Somethings
Stamp: Whiff of Joy, coloured with watercolour pencils. I'm still not very happy with my colouring results, but I'm persevering.


Revisiting two of my favourite colours...

First, a Father's Day card. I'm not all that happy with how it turned out, mostly because I'm still not a very confident stamper. I think the ink bled a little into the Bazzill and it looks a bit fuzzy. But I'm sure the recipient won't mind, especially if I can come up with a suitable gift to go with it!



# Pile it On ~ Challenge 11
'Oh boy'+ additional challenges
# Creatalicious ~ Challenge #1
Something for Dad, brown, and metals (4 brads)
# Cafe Mojo ~ Colour challenge
Blue and brown

I used: Spellbinders Labels 3 dies, Mogilo alphabet stamps, Lil Davis swirls from 'Journalling 1' stamp set, Colorbox fluid chalk. No idea about the patterned card or organza ribbon or brads - just oddments from my stash.


To balance it out a bit, I have to say I'm very happy with the second card:



# The Cuttlebug Spot ~ Challenge #44 ~ You're Invited
I used: 'Textile Texture' embossing folder, Coredinations cardstock, Kaisercraft 'Friends' mounted stamp, Versacube 'Bark', AdornIt alphabet stickers, Spellbinders Labels 3 die

19 comments :

  1. So creative!! Lovely cards! The first one is my favourite...yummy!

    Greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card, I love this WOJ image. Thanks for joining in with our birthday celebrations at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, what an adorable set of cards. I love the WOJ image (one of my faves) and the colour scheme and layout are perfect. Thanks for taking part in our birthday celebrations over at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute love the image Henry is one of my faves and papers they go so well, thanks for joining in with our first birthday at cupcake, good luck hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Karen and such a scrummy image with the little cupcake just perfect for our something sweet challenge this week, thank you so much for joining us for our 1st birthday celebrations at CCC :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great job with all the challenges :) Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the invite! The colors are nice and rich, and go well with the image and sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, I love the stitching on the first one. Thanks for playing along in the 2RedBananas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the cards! I don't think I can pick a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and personal invitation! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot! Your other challenge cards are super too! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. All great cards! Really like the brads on the second one - cool! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look great Karen, and I'm sure your Dad will love his!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic,love the DP and that spellbinder die....great job with the challenge!!! Thanks for entering our first challenge and hope to see you at Creatalicious again next month!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. From one KarenB to another - FAB JOB! I love what you did with the invite and the rest of the cards are adorable! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot this week! KarenB

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a little card Diva you have become Karen. You make cards as beautifully as you scrap!

    I pop by often, just keep forgetting to leave a comment...must remember we can't read minds hey!

    As always your blog is full of fun, love and inspiration.

    Mis xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card..thank you for joining Creatalicious..hope to see you again..
    Regards
    Jan..x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Father's Day card...your use of color and texture is perfect..thanks so much for joining our first challenge and hope to see you at next month's.

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is Fabulous.. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge.. Bec

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is quite a collection of lovely cards. Your style is varied & they are all fab. Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)