17 May 2009

Some sketch layouts

I've been playing over at Scrap Boutique this weekend, enjoying the challenges and the chance to step out of my comfort zone just a smidgin...

Liz's sketch was the trickiest thing for me this time, and I had to tweak it a little and squish the elements into the centre to make it work for my photographs. I was really pleased with the layout, even if you have to squint to imagine the original sketch:



The other requirement was to use elements starting with M-A-Y: mine are Making Memories diecuts, Autumn Leaves paper (the green) and yellow. I really love the Glitz patterned paper. It's the first time I've used it and I was thrilled with the result.


Chelsea's speed scrap was also based on a sketch, and this one had to be blue and green, and uploaded within the hour:

Redcliffe Peninsula


And another sketch layout, this time for the monthly Stash Stomper, using lots of stamps:

Ragamuffin

3 comments :

  1. lovely layouts karen :D i especially like liz's sketch with all the yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, you are truly an inspiration with all the scrapping you do and how well you do it.Always love visiting and seeing what you are creating

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you've been busy Karen!! They are all gorgeous. I especially love the first one with those vibrant colours! Very nice!! How do you find the time????? I think I need some tips... you & Leone will have to come over and play sometime???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)