26 May 2011

Artist jar

Thank you to the lovely participants who visited my blog and left comments during the week for the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge 2nd anniversary blog hop.  One commenter will receive THREE digitals of their choice from my wonderful sponsor, Some Odd Girl.     At the cut-off time of 8pm GMT, there were 28 comments. I placed the names in a basket and drew out one random winner...

CONGRATULATIONS TO....  Dora
who wrote (in Comment #24) that her favourite Some Odd Girl image is
Love Letter Kaylee.
 Dora's challenge entry at the CRAFT Challenge blog was #117.

Please email Jo at craftchallenge@yahoo.co.uk to claim your prize - include "Blog Hop Winner - Karen's blog" in the subject line


Our challenge this week is 'Alter/Recycle' - alter something, or include a recycled element your project.

I was inspired by this item from Paula Art:



Our wonderful sponsor this week is Meljen's Designs, and I have also used her image, "Artist Mug" in my project. I've recycled a coffee jar, and a large sheet of Jasmine's old 'marble painting' artwork from preschool:



This is the underneath - not a very exciting view - but it shows how the paper edges were folded under the jar and covered up with a punched circle:


What I did:
1> Remove the lid and label from a coffee jar
2> Wrap a sheet of artwork around the jar and secure with double-sided tape.
3> Print the image onto another piece of artwork and mount onto a tag.  Ink the edges.
5> Tie a ribbon around the neck of the covered jar and attach the tag with a bow.
6> Use the jar for paintbrushes or other art tools


I'm entering my project at:
# Etsy Inspired ~ Paula Art
# Polka Doodles ~ Anything but a card
# Really Reasonable Ribbon ~ Anything Goes 
# Challenge Up Your Life ~ Recycling

I'm submitting my 'tip' at:
# Top Tip Tuesday ~ Children's artwork is wonderful to use on all sorts of projects!  I ran a piece of painted paper though the printer and it worked perfectly as a background for the image.

EDITED 4/6/11:
I was a winner at Etsy Inspired for this creation - and I won a lovely digital prize from Shery K Designs.

15 comments :

  1. No way, I remember seeing that bottle.....clever girl, I just love your amazing mind my friend. and love the tip, I so will have to get use to using this tip for a design as I will probably soon get heaps of inspirational projects from Nate, only one more sleep. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever project! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that looks fantastic - so cool!!

    Thank you so much for playing along over at Challenge Up Your Life!!

    xx M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun project. I love recycling jars, thanks for the tutorial too. Thanks for playing along with us at the Etsy Inspired Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza. What a great take on the inspiration piece. Very crafty and artsy. Thanks for joining us over at Etsy Inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo thank you Karen, I am so excited to have won, I love SOG stamps.. and great altering job you did here. .. I always chicken out from these projects he he but I love yours. Thanks again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Great Tip! love that idea! I have a few of my sons pictures still from when he was at nursery, mind you he's 14 now! lol
    Great card, love all the elements, pretty colours too! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week, and don't forget you still have time to enter our candy & or DT call HERE  hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great and unique! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really Awesome! thanks for playing along with us at the RRR blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOw, a great project, thanks for joining in with our challenge at Polkadoodles this week, hugz,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly artistic and fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous project. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea, the jar looks amazing :)
    Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on winning the Etsy Inspired Challenge!! Very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. than you for posting my pencil holder, love how bright and alive yours is and certainly user worthy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)