12 September 2011

Haute Couture?

My scrap-mojo needs a serious kickstart, so Passion for Fashion 2011 at Scrap Boutique couldn't have come at a better time for me:


Week 1 was all about 'Haute Couture'.  I know next to nothing about high fashion, but what's fabulous about the challenge is that the criteria can be interpretted however you like!   

My layout:



My take on the criteria:

Colours - Unusual and rare 
Orange, yellow and terracotta - unusual and rarely to everyone's taste, I'm sure, but it worked for me :D
Lines - Unusually layered, fitted to suit, very specific individual taste
I have five layers, not counting the photograph or the base cardstock. The mix of patterns are  individual to my eclectic taste.
Textures - Unusual and rare
I used a mesh bag that came with my lemons!  Other textures are the tulle, damask and felt letters. Rare?  Well, the damask swatch is from a Junkitz collection and since the company went bankrupt a few years back it's pretty rare now, LOL!
Effect - One-of-a-kind, very unique
Not sure if I achieved this?
Needs of customer - Custom-made, designer's originals
I made my own custom background by ModPodging the glittered tulle to the cardstock.
Favourite Accessory - Coordinated, matching and custom made pieces
The flowers are custom made by me from the same tulle as the background.

The flowers are my favourite part - I had fun making them and deciding how I would use them on the page:



I think I covered all of the criteria except for "expensive" - but I did invest a lot of time in the layout and I do have lots of gold flecks in the tulle!

And most importantly I had a lot of fun with it, used up some more older stash, and got another photograph onto the page.

1 comment :

  1. I looooooove this, Karen!!! I love how you've interpreted the challenges (very tricky to do all of those on one page!), I love the colours (they definitely work for you!) and the mesh bag is VERY original! (I used garlic mesh once, and I have another piece on my scrap table that I was planning to use in the near future!) I think you need to do a tutorial on the flowers, they are STUNNING! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)