21 March 2011

Sketchy goodness

I had fun with this week's sketch challenge over at Design Dollies!  I pulled out some newish photographs (January 2011 - I just noticed I photographed the layout before I added the date) and teamed them with some older product, and I'm thrilled with the result!


Click to enlarge

This is also for:
# Our Creative Corner ~ Dont' throw that away!
# Basic Grey Challenges ~ Challenge 40 ~ Something Recycled

I used: Basic Grey papers ('Two Scoops' and 'Urban Couture' ranges) and mesh from an orange bag (!)  I first tried using recycled mesh last year for this layout and it's so much fun.  I also used:  MME chipboard diecut, AC vinyl Thickers



I've also joined in the March challenge at Blue Moon Scrapbooking.  It's my first time to play there, and I just loved the sketch by Julie Bonner:


Click to enlarge

I used:  Prima 'Annalee' papers, Glimmer Mist, Maya Road felt flower, Glitz Designs alpha stickers, scraps of:  MME and Cosmo Cricket papers.

4 comments :

  1. Wow love your recycled orange bag, good idea, fabulous lay out too, thanks for joining us at Basic Grey, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect source of free mesh! What a fab idea! I love your page. Thanks for playing my challenge at the OCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout! Great pics and embellishments. I love what you did with the mesh. Stellar job on the recycled packaging challenge! So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Karen, such a great layout! The orange mesh adds so much fun and character- what a clever idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)