27 February 2010

A rare double

I came across some photos of our Saint Helena daytrip that I printed out ages ago and filed in a safe place for a rainy day... Well, it was rainy today and I finally got around to scrapping them!! It's also the first time I've done a double page layout in around four months.

This is the double:



I can't work out how to do the 'click on picture to enlarge' trick, so I've got a few detailed shots as well. (If someone knows how to do it, can you let me know??)





I'm entering this in the following challenge blogs:

# Design Dollies ~ Elements Challenge
* Three circles - buttons and vintage brads
* The color GREEN - mostly used olive green with a touch of kiwi green as well
* 2 different kinds of ribbon - two different widths of grosgrain + torn paper to make a gingham ribbon
* Inked edges - inked the edges of the book pages and the monogram

Simon Says ~ Vintage with flowers
I used vintage colours, old book pages, string, gingham trim, inking, and also Pink Paislee 'Vintage Moon' paper for the background.

# Method Playground ~ Challenge 62 ~ Heat embossing
I used Colorbox fluid chalk on the monogram and heat embossed with clear Moonglow powder, then I inked the edges with white Brilliance Ink and embossed again with the Moonglow powder.

6 comments :

  1. That is a super cute LO! I love all the layers and the ribbons! SO COOL! Thanks for playin with us Dollies! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the book pages behind the photos! And good on you for doing a double - I don't even attempt them lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible work! I'm a follower now too. I liked your other place too, the Notebook one. You are a very talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous LO :-) The photo's are lovely and the papers and embellies you used are perfect ! :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols and the DT :-) x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, Love your layout. To get the click and enlarge to work in blogger, don't move your photos around once you've added them to your post. By doing that you're losing the HTML tags necessary to make it work. If you do need to move them around, click on the "EDIT HTML" tab at the top of your draft post, highlight the entire HTML script for your photo (everything between the < >), then cut and paste into a different spot. This way you don't lose any of the tags. Thanks for playing with us at MP. Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely!! Thanks for playing along with us :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)