03 December 2009

OMG... it's purple...

Lana at Crafting in Style gave me some Kaisercraft 'Lilac Avenue' papers and MDF frame to play with, and this is what I came up with:



Purple is NOT my most favourite of scrapping colours, but I'm pretty happy with the result!! The frame will be an end-of-year thank you gift for one of my daughter's teachers. I also followed a workshop tutorial by Leanne (fellow DT chickie at Scrap Pile) to make a matching gift bag, in monochromatic:



I'm entering the giftbag in these challenges:

# Design Dollies ~ Colour challenge ~ monochromatic purple
# Humble Pie ~ One key colour
# Allsorts ~ Week 29 ~ buttons
# Three Clovers ~ Challenge 42 ~ gifts

I used: Kaisercraft 'Lilac Avenue' paper and Kaisercraft stamp from the 'Flora and Fauna' set, Colorbox fluid chalk, grosgrain ribbons and buttons from my stash.

5 comments :

  1. Hi Karen, Gorgeous frame and gift bag! Purple is one of my fav colours.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your DD's techer will be so happy: the frame is beautiful!

    And the bag is too cute: love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful karen nice photographs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are GAWGESS but I am totally DIGGIN that giftbag!!! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Karen - you rock the purple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)