26 August 2010

Fabric, lace and bling

I'm not really a "girly" kind of scrapper, but every now and again I do love to play with fabric, lace and bling. I came across a piece of cotton in my fabric box that wasn't really big enough for what I needed for today's sewing project, and I put it aside to relocate it to my "scrapbooking fabric" box. And then... I got distracted, put the sewing project aside, and scrapped a layout instead!


Click to enlarge

# Scrap Fit ~ Workout #26 ~ Dress it Up
- I 'dressed it up' with fabric, and added touches of black with the machine stitching, lace, silk Bella flowers, and rhinestones.
# Basic Grey Challenges ~ Challenge #27 ~ Fabric
- The fabric is the powder blue cotton, used as a photo matte. I also made some layered flowers with the same fabric, felt and lace.
- Basic Grey elements are the Beckham 'White Chocolate' chipboard alphas, and the fussy cut floral motif (from Wisteria "White Dynasty")
# Wild Orchid ~ Challenge 4 ~ Make it Sparkle
- No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the light to catch on the Glitter Glaze (on the little roses) but hopefully you can see the diamonte in the middle of the button. I also used lots of black Kaisercraft rhinestones to make the circles.

I also used: Teresa Collins 'Friendship - McKay's Flowers' paper, LYB 'Clothesline Collection' journalling spot, AdornIt tiny alphas 'Cheerful'.

11 comments :

  1. OMGoodness...this is stunning girl!! LOVE the stitching you did, just fabulous layout :)
    Thanks for playin' along with us at ScrapFit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FITabulous LO!!! Love every bit of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is stunning, Karen! Fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just stunning!!! love all the detail you have put in - glad you were distracted to do a LO!!
    Thanks for the giveaway side bar and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! this is gorgeous. absolutely love these colors, and i LOVE the border! gorrrr-g-us!

    thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, what a stunning layout and just love the colours and all that beautiful lace. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I always get distracted like that! Now that is one gorgeous page! Love the papers, the colours, the lace, and all those beautiful little flowers and buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and good to see you've still got plenty of those yummy white alphas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, your layout is just stunning. What a gorgeous colour and the black is so striking. I love it !

    Thank you for joining us at Basic Grey Challenges this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo and the Basic Grey Challenges DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your layout :) Thank you so much for participating in the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Karen, a beautiful layout. Love the beautiful colours and papers and wonderful use of the lace. Such an adorable photograph and exquisite details.
    hugs Heather xx
    oh and thanks for joining us at Basic Grey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)