13 July 2014

Lasting Memories

This week at Lasting Memories, we have a sketch challenge.  I love using sketches as a starting point, but quite often my layouts look totally different from the original sketch.

This is the sketch:


And this is my take on it:



My layout was also inspired by Scrapbook Fantasies Weekly Challenge # 27: Create a layout using patchwork as your inspiration.   My background circle and side border are made from scraps (Bo Bunny, Echo Park, Scenic Route, Dream Street) "patchworked" together using machine stitching:





Other materials:
Collections Elements Window Tags chipboard shapes
Prima Sprites 2 - Green mulberry flowers
Carl Daisy - Mini punch
American Crafts/Dear Lizzy Thickers - Bliss glitter alphabets
Kaisercolour Spearmint acrylic paint
Colorbox Catseye - Mint fluid chalk
Kaisercraft Pearls - Pewter

5 comments :

  1. Karen this is beautiful! I used Teal for this challenge too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea with the patchwork circle. I love the colors in your LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful page. I love the colour palette you've used and the layout too. Love how you've set the photos in a circle. Thanks for you comment on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet page - love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen! Love that patch work! Love those colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)