26 July 2014

Big boy's toy...

I loved the challenge at Scrap the Boys this month - with the wonderful theme of Big Boys' Toys.  I had so many ideas, it was hard to choose just one.  My husband is constantly tinkering with all manner of "boys' toys" and I have quite an odd collection of photographs of his projects.

On our recent winter break we stopped at Wallangarra and enjoyed exploring the old rail station and surrounding rail yards:



I used some old generic papers and kept the embellishment to a minimum, but I did play around with ink and embossing powders on the title:



Materials:
Bazzill Basics - Starmist cardstock
Kraft cardstock
A2Z Scraplets Cog Set 3 chipboard shapes
MFT Die-namics - Little Letters diecut alphabets
Tsukineko VersaMagic - Sahara Sand fluid ink
Gel-a-tins Gelly Powder - Northern Lights glitter embossing powder

7 comments :

  1. Love what you did with the layout, yep I got a boy at home like that :) Thank you for the comment. sorry to hear the counterfeit kit didn't work out for you :( I've been blessed that it as for me as I don't have to hunt for what I need and I end up getting more scrappin done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, love the title! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title of this layout too! Very cool! Great use of paper to achieve a textured effect. Thanks for playing along with us at STB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout Karen!! Great textures and those cogs are prefect for these pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are fantastic and tell a fabulous story, They work perfectly on the neutral background. Thanks for sharing it with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with STB's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great page!Thanks for joining us at STBs this month :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)