19 April 2014

Top 50 cybercropping

The theme at this month's Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia cybercrop is 'Scraplift Fun'- and the criteria for all challenges is to scraplift the original layout and artist.

1>  Scraplifting Raquel Bowman.  This is her amazing layout:


And this is my take:



The elements I lifted were the single photograph, mixed layers of patterned paper (including a triangular piece and penwork borders) and the long title, almost word for word! 

A note about the butterflies - they were a surprise RAK from a dear friend, Miss D, many years ago.  It was long before I had acquired my Cuttlebug or even any punches - I opened the envelope and out fluttered a PILE of beautiful die cut and dry-embossed paper and vellum butterflies.  It still makes me smile when I think about how happy it made me:





2>  Scraplifting Sophie Koschmann. This is her awesome layout:


And this is my take (which in no way at all resembles the original!)



The elements I lifted were the single photograph with layered papers behind the photograph, and mixed font title.. I also used some crocheted flowers and buttons to embellish.

Materials:
Prima Fairy Flora patterned paper
Lime Tree Creations crocheted flowers
American Crafts Thickers - Gift Box alphabets
Die-namics Little Lower Case diecut letters
Scenic Route Sonoma - Diecut Labels journalling card
Crate Paper Crush - Island patterned paper
Bo Bunny Gypsy - Henna patterned paper
Vintage dressmaking pattern



3>  Scraplifting Bernii Miller:


And this is my take:



The elements I lifted were the quadrant-style layout and use of paper doilies.  I also used an assortment of bits and pieces from the 'leftovers' caddy on my desk to mimic the mini-clusters of embellishments.

Materials:
Echo Park Life is Good - Brown Floral patterned paper
Echo Park For the Record 2 - Doily patterned paper
Echo Park A Walk in the Park - Lazy Days patterned paper
American Crafts Thickers - Subway foam numbers
Heidi Swapp Center of Attention - Metallic Pink chipboard alphabets
Pebbles roller stamp
Dew Drop Brilliance - Pearlescent Poppy pigment ink

0 messages :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)