02 October 2011

A little bit Western

Another week of the Scrap Boutique Passion for Fashion challenge, and this time the theme is WESTERN.  The criteria states:
The opposite of conservative. Clothes are reduced from the feminine emphasis.
Colour - Earth tones are favourites.
Lines - Durable, simple, easy and comfortable.
Textures - Natural fibres, basic denim, thick and old-fashioned.
Effects - Tough, strong, manly.
Favourite Accessory - Big is better, cowboy leather boots and thick belt buckles.
Note: Notice the emphasis of earth tone colors

This is my interpretation:


Click to enlarge



I had heaps of fun with this layout - I painted a piece of corrugated cardboard (Kaiserpaint 'lime green') and cut a piece from some old jeans. for the background. I keep a box in the shed with fabric oddments, including several pairs of old jeans (which I kept for patching our current jeans, LOL!). I had to rummage to find it... The denim is held in place with strategically placed staples, hidden under the flowers (Petaloo) and other elements. The buckle has been in my stash for at least 5 years - I hardly ever use metal embies these days and I had to rummage to find my box of metal bits too ;) I painted and inked it to take away the original shiny copper colour. 

What else? Alphas are from October Afternoon and journalling spot is from Jillibean Soup. The little label sticker is from a small sheet I was given; my best guess is Scenic Route, but I'm not sure??  The mesh and jute flower were both RAK's from kind friends - I know the flower was from Melissa, but the mesh - no idea!!

5 comments :

  1. Wow, I loooooove this, the jeans look fabulous!!! Who would guess? I would never think to do that! I love the buckle, too, very cool, hugs, Roxy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...this is a fantastic layout. Love the colours and all your fabulous details.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great page and LOVE how you added the jeans!!!! very cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow,I so love this layout so unusual...What a fab idea with the jeans...Gorgeous work...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. I love the addition of the jeans.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)