18 September 2011

A Passion for Fashion - Week 2

Week 2 of the Scrap Boutique 'Passion for Fashion' challenge, was all about being dramatic...

My layout:



How I interpretted the criteria:

DRAMATIC(Theatrical)  This style creates a glamorous and glitzy impact.
Colour: Strong, vivid, and contrasting (black is a favourite).
I chose a black background (Core'dinations 'Nightfall') and contrasted with red.
Lines: Severe, sharp and unusually asymmetrical. Bold and often overwhelmingly fitted with open slits.
I think the second statement describes Betty's usual attire!  But I grabbed onto the idea of sharp lines, and I created an asymmetrical stitched border with both straight and zigzag stitches. 
Textures: Rare and trendy.
I tried to mix up the textures a bit.
Effects: Confident, chic, sexy and catchy.
Betty Boop's persona captures the first three, and her theme song and signature phrase are catchy :)
Needs: Custom-made or altered to fit.
I made a silver 'spotlight' and I added a line of brads to the black matt to mimic the look of a film strip.
Favourite Accessory: Bold statement, usually metallic.
I chose silver for the accessories, and also a glittery title (American Crafts Thickers).  
Note:  Notice the fit, its impact and its open slits. Sometimes open back design or see-through materials are used.
I used lace for the see-though element

Other products:  Cosmo Cricket 'Circa 1934' papers - I chose these to match the era of Betty Boop :)  The flowers are Bella (red) and Petaloo (black). The little journalling pin is from my2angels, and was a RAK from my friend Melissa.  Thank you xx

3 comments :

  1. wow love this layout, so bright and the contrast if fabulous, great photo and so much to take in
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic page. So love the colours and a great photo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)